Have you been eager learn about new food cuisine and cultures, but are not sure where to start? Penn State Extension’s new “South American Latin Cuisine Comes to You” program will involve you in:
- Preparing Latin American food focus segments highlighting Chilean, Argentinian, and Peruvian recipes and culture.
- Preparing simple, delicious recipes that fit with a healthy lifestyle.
- Selecting and preparing fish and shellfish for quality, safety, healthfulness, sustainability, and price.
- Designing your own healthy lifestyle, highlighting fruits, vegetables, whole grains, cheese, fish and shellfish from the region and locally.
- How to fuel your life for better health.
- Food demonstrations and hands-on food preparation with recipes provided.
At each class, useful cooking tips, tasting different types of Latin American recipes and foods including Chile, Argentina, and Peru, i.e. cheeses, fruits and vegetables, grains, seafood and other proteins, and seasonings from the region will be offered. Guided class discussions and applications help conclude each class.
Dates: Thursdays, October 11, 18, and 25 from 6-8 PM at Chef’s Place on the second floor of the Milton Moose Family Center, 139 S. Front Street Milton, PA. Registration is free thanks to a grant award from the ConAgra Foundation. Registration deadline is October 9. TIME- The Improved Milton Experience is the event sponsor.
The classes are limited to 20 participants, ages 13 and up. Anyone between the ages of 13 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult who is also registered to participate.
To register: Online at https://extension.psu.edu/latin-cuisine-ime Or register by phone toll-free at 877-345-0691. For more information about the program content, contact course instructor Lynn James, MS, RDN, LDN at 570-556-4744 or Ljames@psu.edu